There are so many top Hindi movies in the Indian Cinema, which got several rewards for their hit songs, best acting, best script, best direction, best music, best grossing at box office etc. Many Bollywood Hindi films gained so much popularity that people used to watch them for many times and many films hit because of their stories, songs, dialogues, music and direction as well. Some top ten all the time hits Hindi movies are given below:
1. Mother India: The movie Mother India was released on October, 25, 1957, It had stars Sunit Dutt, Nargis, Raaj Kumar, Kanhaiya Lal , Rajendra Kumar etc. Mehboob Productions had produced it and Mehboob Khan directed it the music of the all time best Indian movie was given by Naushad. This film ranks the all time Indian box office hits too. The movie got National Film Award for Best Feature Film in 1958. It tell a story of a poor village woman named Radha who struggle to raise her sons and survive against a money lender, despite her hardship, she sets a goddess like moral example to be an Indian woman who kills her own criminal son at the end for good moral cause. She represents India as a nation afterwards independency.
2. Sholay (1975): The Sholay is an action-adventure Hindi movie which released on August, 15, 1975 having stars Dharmendra, Amitabh Bachchan, Sanjeev Kumar, Hema Malini, Jaya Bachchan and Amjad Khan. The movie is directed by Ramesh Sippy. R.D. Burman had given the music for it. It ran for 286 weeks i.e. more than five years in a theatre in Mumbai. It tells about the story of a small village called Rampur which has ex-police manThakur Baldev Singh’s (Sanjeev Kumar) house, who take Veeru (Dharmendra) and Jaidev (Amitabh Bachchan) to fight against Gabbar Singh (Amjad Khan) a infamous dacoit. The dialogue of Gabbar Singh are still on the tongue of many film goers even nowadays like “Kitne aadmi they?” or “Ab Tera Kya hoga, Kaaliya”! God!.
3. Border (1997): The movie is all time-hit movie and a blockbuster film based on Indo-Pakistan War of 1971. J.P. Dutta directed and produced it, which starred Sunny Deol, Sunil Shetty, Akshay Khanna, Tabu, Pooja Bhatt etc. It tells about real life events which occurred during Battle of Longewala fought in Rajasthan. The movie has good music given by Anu Malik.
4. Rang De Basanti (2006): The movie is an Indian drama flick directed by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, starring by Aamir Khan, Soha Ali Khan, Madhavan, Kunal Kapoor etc. It was filmed in and around New Delhi. It tells a story based on freedom fighters of India. It got the National Film Award for Best Popular Film including many other rewards.
5. Lagaan(2001): The movie is directed by Ashutosh Gowariker and produced by Aamir Khan. It became all the time best bollywood movie which starred Aamir Khan, Gracy Singh, Rachel Shelley etc. A. R. Rahman has given the music of the movie. The movie is set in English period and based on a game of cricket. The movie has bagged many awards.
6. Chak De India (2007): All time best Indian movie based on hockey in India. Shimit Amin had directed it and Yash Raj Film had produced it. It is Shahrukh Khan starrer movie who plays as Kabir Khan, the former captain of the Indian hockey team.
7. Devdass (2002): All time-best-movie was based on Devdas novel of Sharat Chandra Chattopadhyay. Sanjay Leela Bhansali had directed it and Shahrukh Khan, Madhuri Dixit and Aishwarya Rai have starred it. Ismail Darbar and Monty Sharma had given the music in it. The song ‘Dola re dola’ became a hit song of it. It won five National Awards.
8. Munna Bhai MBBS (2003): The movie is a comedy produced under the direction of Rajkumar Hirani. The stars include Sanjay Dutt, Arshad Warsi, Jimmy Shergill, Sunil Dutt, Boman Irani etc. The movie involves Munna Bhai (Sanjay Dutt) a goon goes to medical school. Circuit ( Arshad Warsi) plays his sidekick. The movie won the National Film Award for best popular movie in 2004.
9. 3 Idiots (2009): It is all time super hit movie, which is a comedy drama flick. Rajkumar Hirani had directed it and it starred by Aamir Khan, Kareena Kapoor, R. Madhavan, Sharman Joshi, Boman Irani, Omi Vaidya, Mona Singh, Parikshit Sahni. It broke the previous record set by the Ghajini of Aamir Khan. The comedy is well done by the actors. The movie bagged the Best Popular Film award.
10. The Dirty Picture (2011): The movie is a biographical drama flick inspired by the life of Silk Smitha a South Indian actress famous for her erotic roles. It depicts the personal lives of other women in popular culture. Milan Luthria has directed the movie. Vidya Balan, Naseeruddin Shah, Tusshar Kapoor and Emran Hashmi have starred it. The film has won the National Film Award and became a blockbuster at the box office after fourth week.